Look around you and search for metal buildings. Have you noticed how they have become so prevalent in many different cities and also in rural areas? They have come such a long way from the classic warehouses and dull-looking garages that used to be the common purposes for them.
Nowadays, these metal buildings are now considered modern, stylish, and functional in many ways. They are widely utilized for commercial complexes, residential places, industrial factories and plants, churches, schools, agricultural buildings, and more.
Why have these metal buildings become so popular over the recent years? It is because they boast of several great benefits that other types of buildings cannot provide. Here are the top seven benefits of metal buildings:
- Durability- Metal buildings are extemely durable as they are known to be able to withstand different weather conditions and are even incombustible and very resilient in times of earthquakes.
- Longevity- It is also a known fact that such metal structures are long-lasting. Hence you need not have to replace them every now and then because they remain to be in tip-top condition for many years.
- Flexibility- These metal buildings are also famous for being quite flexible because they can easily be custom-made since the steel frames and other components are prefabricated. Furthermore, it is not much trouble to keep on transferring them to new locations and reassembling them too, especially for small steel structures.
- Expandability- Such metal buildings can be expanded without much trouble. Builders can simply attach new segments to existing structures without disrupting ongoing activities.
- Cost Effectiveness- From the initial stages of the construction process, metal buildings can already generate more savings. Since they are pre-engineered and are quick and easy to erect, there is no need to hire a lot of workers or rent heavy construction equipment. Furthermore, since these structures are strong and stable, and are long-lasting too, you will not have to spend on regular maintenance as well as on constant repairs.
- Environmental Soundness- These modern metal buildings are considered environmentally sound because they help you save energy and the main material is 100% recyclable. They can be broken down and rebuilt without producing residual waste. Moreover, they can be designed to employ environment-friendly power systems like wind turbines and solar panels.
- Space Optimization- The space available can definitely be maximized with metal buildings because of their wide-span abilities that allow them to be built with tall ceilings and minimal or no columns at all.
Indeed these seven major benefits have certainly encouraged many people to purchase their own metal buildings instead of relying on traditional modes of construction.
If you are thinking of establishing your own sports arena, it is best to use steel buildings for such structures. Indoor sports facilities made of steel buildings are ideal basically because of the massive space that can be achieved, with the wide-span area of up to 300 feet wide. Furthermore, there need not be any columns used for support, plus you can also enjoy high ceilings with these steel buildings.
Such a structure is perfect for placing basketball courts, volleyball courts, tennis courts, badminton courts, skating rinks, wall climbing facilities, and many more. At least you can be assured that the space available will be maximized.
In addition, another great advantage of steel buildings is the durability and reliability they provide. This is especially useful if there are plenty of tournaments and other sports events in the area. Having large crowds and constant activity within the confines of the steel buildings will not cause wear and tear in just a short span of time because of the strong and sturdy nature of the metal edifices.
What’s good about steel buildings also is their cost effectiveness and low maintenance. If you are the owner or operator of the sports arena, then you can be certain to generate more savings with the use of steel buildings because in the first place, these are easy and quick to assemble. There is no need to hire a lot of laborers or to rent heavy construction equipment. In the coming years, you will also not have to spend on regular repair and replacements as well as the daily maintenance routines. Moreover, such steel buildings last for a long time.
Due to these features of steel buildings, it is very likely that you can acquire insurance for them at a lower cost too. The reason for this is because they are not prone to easy damage and are able to withstand a lot of weather disturbances.
Another wonderful thing about steel buildings for sports facilities is the modern design technology now employed for such edifices. With this kind of technology, it is possible to fuse together various building materials with steel to achieve different appearances and architectural styles. This way, you can make your sports arena very attractive too, in order to draw in a lot of customers.
With these fantastic benefits, it is certainly more practical to use steel buildings for different sports facilities in order to maximize your investment.
When it comes to having your own metal buildings erected, you may become confused and lost among the many contractors, offering different packages for your needs. Because there are so many manufacturers and suppliers of metal buildings these days, you run the risk of falling for cheap offers that provide low grade quality materials or those that cannot really deliver on their promises. Hence, it is best to educate yourself first on what metal buildings are and their components and functions, as well as the process involved in putting up these metal buildings.
A good metal building contractor should be able to provide the following:
- Free consultations and quotations
- Premium-grade quality steel for your different structures
- Gallery of metal buildings for various purposes—- agricultural structures, industrial buildings, commercial complexes, religious and educational institutions, transportation hubs, and more
- At least 40 to 50 years of structural warranty
- Prefabricated metal buildings that can be adjusted to fit your different requirements, preferences, and local building codes
- Flexibility in coming up with clear-span constructions for wide interiors with high ceilings, which are frequently utilized for sports arenas, warehouses, and airport hangars
- Exterior design options to enhance the façade of metal buildings by combining steel with other materials like glass, brick, stone, and wood
- A variety of accessories that suit your desired theme or look
- Metal building specialists who can work with you for the entire duration of the project
- Energy efficiency for the structures, along with the proper insulation
- Kits for small and simple metal buildings which buyers can assemble themselves
- Software that allows consumers to browse through designs and components, and be able to design and layout their metal buildings easily even before purchasing them
- Reasonable prices for diverse kinds of metal buildings
Only reputable and reliable suppliers of metal buildings can offer the above list. Keep them in mind when you are canvassing for a construction company that can provide your needs of top quality. This is essential so you will not have to go through all the hassle of back jobs, disappointments, and extra costs.
Whatever type of metal building you are planning to purchase, be sure to also check the company background and track record. You can look for reviews and testimonials as well as metal buildings they have already established in your area. This way, you can be certain that your money and effort will not go to waste, and that you metal buildings will last for a very long time.
Nowadays, steel buildings can be found almost everywhere. What used to be utilized only for warehouses and carports has now evolved into the metal structure that is now well-known for a variety of purposes— residential homes, commercial amenities, industrial offices and factories, schools, churches, airports, sports complexes, agricultural structures, and more.
All of these steel buildings are fundamentally made of the same set of basic components used in building such structures. Here are the basic components of steel buildings:
- Rigid Frames- These structural frames provide support for the building. They are commonly made up of two columns on the sides that support the endwall rafters. These frames are affixed to the building foundation with the use of bolts. Meanwhile, the roof purlins and wall girts are also fastened to these rigid frames.
- Endwall Rafters- Located at either end of a structure, these rafters are the ones holding up the roof.
- Endwall Columns- These are considered the main support for the endwalls. The number of these columns actually depends on the building width.
- Endwall Girts- Such endwall girts are positioned along the endwall and provide additional support for these endwalls.
- Sidewall Girts- These parts are responsible for supporting the sidewall and the sidewall panels.
- Roof Purlins- These are the ones that supply a surface where one can affix the roof panels.
- Eave Strut- These are the ones that provide a surface where one can fasten the trim. These are the spots for the final screwing point of roofing panels.
- Cable Bracing- This gives further strength to your steel buildings.
- Rake Trim- This is utilized for sealing the connective point in between the roof and endwall.
- Corner Trim- Located at each corner, this kind of trim is used for sealing the sidewall/endwall joints.
- Peak Sheet- This is also another kind of trim for your steel buildings, found at the peak of the structure for sealing the junction at which two sets of roof panels convene.
If you are planning to have your own steel buildings put up or perhaps you are thinking of assembling simple ones yourself with the use of steel building kits, then it is important that you learn about these basic components so that you are aware of how steel buildings are erected. This way, you will also ensure that you get the complete set in a kit or that the construction company or contractor will not cheat you by not providing you with the complete set of materials. Being familiar with such things can also assist you in choosing the good ones of great quality.
It is also recommended that you find a trusted steel building specialist who can guide you every step of the way and who can double-check the components and where they are to be used.
We are often awe-inspired by the beauty and engineering marvel of steel buildings. What we seldom realize is that behind every pound and square inch of metal in steel buildings is backed by a guarantee of quality and years of maintenance free existence. If you want an assurance that a metal building will last for years without worrying for extra expenses that might be incurred from repairs and preservation, do not forget to procure a building warranty from your manufacturer. A warranty is one of the most important aspects of the construction of steel buildings. A number of manufacturers have started to respond to the demand of end-users for warranties by offering warranties with a validity ranging from 30, 40, to as high as 50 years.
The warranty is legal and valid contract between the manufacturer and the end-user and clearly stipulates that any repairs and damages resulting from manufacturing defects that might occur in the building within the warranty period, will have to be recognized and fixed at no extra charge by the manufacturer. You need to understand that over the long haul, the warranty will be able to protect every end-user’s infrastructure investment. The coverage that warranties provide can protect you from sudden, surprising, on-the-spot expenses from unexpected building flaws and imperfections that arise. Warranties need to be in printed black and white format and you need to make sure that you secure a valid copy, that is duly signed by the company warranty officer or representative.
For purposes of clarity and transparency, all the stipulations in a warranty is best discussed with the end-user prior to the signing of the contract or the acceptance of any down payment for any construction undertaking. Warranties for steel buildings should clearly state who will shoulder the materials and other related expenses in case there will be a need for repair work. Look for a warranty that covers structural and building elements.
Longer warranties are usually attractive for end-users but it is still a good practice to make comparisons of the offers from different manufacturing companies to obtain the best deal. Differences in warranties might help you decide on two or three quotations that bear the exact same amount. In this case, go for the company which offers a longer warranty, that puts you on a more advantageous position compared to the others.
Be aware that there are still a few companies out there that do not give a certification of satisfaction or warranty for steel buildings. Steer away from these companies for your own good. A good manufacturer needs to have a great name backed by years of unparalleled service for customers and an undisputable reputation in the industry. A company with bad reputation is more likely to dishonor the warranty that comes with the deal.
A good warranty is a great ally. Like an insurance policy, it will protect you and your steel buildings for decades to come.
In this modern time, we all live in a world of technology. Everything seems to have been transformed to digital versions and all communication and research seem to be taking place online. Along with such developments, many different industries are coming up with various software that assist them in their regular operations and other purposes for their businesses. The metal buildings industry, in particular, has been making use of advanced software both for the manufacturers and supplies and also for the end consumers.
The providers of metal buildings utilize software that allow them to input certain information such as the inventory and types of materials to be used in order to come up with instant design options for a particular building. Often such programs also enable them to do detailed costing without having to perform the task manually. In this way, they can already keep track of their own expenses and foresee the possible profits. This is also helpful in letting them come up fast with quotations for their clients.
Furthermore, there are also computer programs that make use of progressive design technology that help these metal buildings contractors to generate unique designs for different kinds of metal buildings. Whether it is for an airport structure, a sports complex, a commercial amenity, an agricultural building, or another kind of metal building, the latest software can be of great help in creating the design and layout alternatives. These programs are also very user-friendly and easy to navigate, even for people with zero knowledge of the internet.
On the end of potential clients, especially those who are searching for metal buildings suppliers online, there is usually a software that is available for free use in the websites of the construction companies. This software often enables customers to also design and layout their metal buildings even before they purchase. They can choose the materials, the type of building, the measurements, the accessories, etc. They can then have a preview of the outcome. Some programs even allow such files to be saved so the clients can keep going back to them and can do comparisons as well.
Moreover, what’s great about these programs is the fact that they allow consumers to compare different kinds of buildings and materials. Pictures and descriptions are provided. Sometimes, there are even websites that compare and contrast different suppliers and quotations too. Hence, a buyer will not have a difficult time weighing his options and coming up with a good decision as to what kind of metal buildings he wants and which company to hire as well.
Certainly, technology has been very helpful in the industry of metal buildings. It has opened up a lot of new possibilities. In the future, it is predicted to bring about more developments and innovations with regard to the erection and design of metal buildings.
Metal buildings have provided the best solution for the common storage problems and are fast becoming the storage of choice of numerous clients and owners all over the world. By providing easy to construct and safe storage spaces, metal buildings provide one of the highest values in today’s construction market.
Being one of America’s leading businesses, storage solutions started from humble beginnings and eventually skyrocketed into its present multi-billion dollar business status.
One nice thing about metal storage buildings is that they can be easily suited to the building codes and zonal regulations of any state or local community. And because of the innate durability and dependability of metal buildings, end users, businessmen, and investors can be certain of exceeding local building codes and enjoying the building quality and resilience that can help make any storage business endeavor flourish.
Whether you are in the commercial industry or just a plain ordinary citizen facing an unimaginable storage space dilemma, metal buildings can surely provide the best economical solution even to your worst storage nightmares.
The project necessitates a transparent and open communication with manufacturers whose track record in the metal building industry is solid and well-anchored on the principle of total customer satisfaction.
Check carefully to see if the company employs highly competent construction consultants who can provide assistance in securing the necessary permits, coming up with engineer-certified and stamped structural drawings and bolt plans, and making sure that the project will be completed as previously planned and agreed to. Directly dealing with companies that are engaged in the construction of metal buildings can cut down construction expenses to nearly half the cost of traditional construction.
Another thing you have to look for is the warranty certificate issued by the manufacturing company. The warranty can be anywhere from 25 to 50 years, depending on the structural part and material.
To ease and speed up the assembly and erection of the storage facility, metal parts are pre-engineered and pre-fabricated with precision at the manufacturing plant. Metal buildings used as storage spaces are easy to customize and expand for future development. With minimal overhead expenses required for its construction, your metal storage space is sure to give the best value for your investment.
Specific permits are required before one can purchase and assemble metal buildings on any construction site. Designs and drawings must also strictly comply with local or state building codes and regulations before the erection of metal structures can even begin. There are particular requirements that need to be understood in order to have a hassle free construction of metal buildings.
The acquisition and approval of all the necessary permits is not to be shouldered by the manufacturing company that supplies the steel structural parts. Instead, the responsibility falls on the client. For your convenience, you may opt to get the services of a manufacturing company that offers valuable advice and assistance regarding the process of securing the building permits. It is always good to ask local authorities for a 100% guarantee that the project will push through before proceeding with the purchase of metal buildings.
The first documentary requirements are the structural and zoning permits. The length, width, and height as well as the outer finishing of the buildings are to be checked and matched against existing zoning regulations. Depending on the site location, there are certain dimensional and exterior prerequisites that must be fulfilled to acquire a zoning approval. Other requirements will check for accessibility, physical appearance, setbacks and wet land considerations. The metal building’s size, location, and plot plan are all needed for zoning approval.
Doing an inspection of the location where you plan to assemble metal buildings and checking for existing structures within its vicinity can give you clues on whether the proposed metal building project will push through or not. Some suburban areas do not require permits for metal buildings but it will be good to check before proceeding.
If you are already quite certain that the zoning permit will be granted, the next step is to secure the approval from the local building code office. This step will assure you that the design and structural specification of your metal buildings exceeds the minimum structural requirement and is therefore safe for human habitation in the area where they will be assembled.
Likewise, you must also make it certain that the pre-approved Certified Engineering Drawings and Anchor Bolt Plan for the foundation of the metal buildings are included in the purchase of the metal structural parts. In the absence of these important documents, you might end up with a pile of steel components that can never be erected into the metal buildings masterpieces that you desire.
Metal buildings for residential spaces can be erected in a matter of days using steel structural materials. For heavy-duty carports to protect your dream cars, clear span steel components are still the ultimate choice.
Metal buildings are also suitable for storage sheds that provide the much needed spare space outside your residence where you can store farm equipment, carpentry tools, power tools, and even the jet ski. When used as a backyard garage, metal buildings provide a durable and long-lasting compartment for anything from your vintage motorcycles to your antique furniture collections.
Easy to Assemble
- Pre-fabricated, pre-cut, and pre-drilled at the factory, coupled with easy-to-follow instruction guides for the erectors, metal buildings are easy to set-up and can be used as a workshop, garage extension, or as residential homes using heavier gauge metal components. Residential homes constructed using heavy gauge metal parts for metal buildings are cheaper, sturdier, safer, and faster to construct.
- Aside from this, expansion and modification of your metal residential building can be made even when the main house has already been assembled. You can also avail of state-approved drawings that can exceed local building codes in your local community. With metal buildings transformed into residential homes, every owner can be assured of years of stress-free maintenance of their hard-earned dwelling.
- Insulation and ventilation will not be a major concern because metal buildings can be easily insulated and come with improved ventilation. They can also be coated with special materials that make the building’s interior easier to heat during the cold season and faster to cool despite the heat of summer.
Strong and Resilient
- Compared to traditional materials, metal buildings provide the best value for your money in the long run. They are resistant to annoying pests like termites and they are also fire-resistant. More than that, metal buildings are also known for their durability that allows them to stand up against worst-case scenarios like hurricanes, earthquakes, typhoons, strong winds, high humidity, and extreme temperatures.
For every residential need, there is a versatile metal building that can provide reliable, durable, economic, and efficient infrastructure functions.
Since the inception of metal structural materials, steel buildings have reached their utmost potential in the field of aviation. Whether it is a wide span, cantilevered, military, general aircraft, or small aircraft hangar, steel buildings allow buyers to maximize space for aircraft parking or storage.
In some countries like the United States, steel buildings are not only utilized as aircraft hangars. They are also used in the construction of local and international airport terminals. Commercial and public spaces within the airport vicinity are constructed using metal components, including restaurants, shopping malls, parking spaces, ramps, and flyovers to name a few.
Steel buildings adorn the exterior of airports with sleek, modern, and extraordinary facades and allow for the creation of contemporary state-of-the-art interior design. Architects have also experimented with a number of never before seen designs of steel buildings because of the flexibility rendered by steel structural materials.
For instance, US airports have constantly impressed upon travelers and visitors the beauty, innovation, and strength of the American nation as symbolized by the creative and practical way by which metal has been amalgamated in airport architectural designs.
Steel buildings are very suitable as hangars for gigantic aircrafts such as the Boeing 747-400 and the Airbus A380 because they can provide a continuous open span with high ceilings sans the need for bulky and space consuming vertical supports. This kind of space is needed for aircraft hangars to fully house the wide wingspan and height of these jumbo aircrafts.
In addition, metal hangars are also very durable and stable. Expert engineers and architects can come up with hangar and airport steel buildings with designs that can be resilient to the worst natural conditions such as massive earthquakes, heavy snow storms, high wind speed, and strong hail storms. Apart from the inert toughness of metal structures, investors can also be assured of years of easy maintenance because metal structures are shielded from fire hazards, pests like termites and other wood-eating bugs.
The flexibility of steel buildings is appropriate for airplane hangars and airports. Depending on your specific needs and budget, the manufacturer can pre-fabricate and even customize your hangar design. To aid the erectors in the assembly of your hangar, steel manufacturers can also supply you with blueprints that surpass state regulations and standards and error-free construction manuals. To add to your peace of mind, warranties provided by suppliers can also assure every end user decades upon decades of hassle-free and minimal maintenance use of the airports and hangars.
Savings in heating and cooling costs is another big addition in a steel hangars arsenal of benefits. Steel buildings can be pre-fabricated with state-of-the-art coatings that are easier to keep warm during winter and keep cool during the blistering summer heat. Moreover, steel buildings are also money and time savers because they are pre-designed, pre-fabricated, and pre-drilled for quicker assembly at the construction site.